Sunday, February 26, 2006

Goodbye Korea!

Mi Keyong and I at galbi dinner. I love this girl, she's so cool!

Well, it has arrived. I'm leaving Tuesday, so technically I have about another 30 hours in the country at the time of this post. It's pretty awesome.

I had a pretty incredible weekend to say the least. Friday night a bunch of teachers from work went out and celebrated the last day for Rob and I with some excellent galbi. Definitely the best I've had in Korea. It came in a pot marinated and raw with four huge prawns and some vegetables. We threw it on the bbq and it was pure bliss. I definitely reccomend "Nolbu Galbi" to those still in Korea. A little more expensive than our regular joint, but worth it.

Saturday it was the foreigner goodbye party. We all went downtown to Kangnam to a place called Platinum for all you can eat buffet as well as all you can drink microbrew. It was excellent. Good food, good drinks, great company. It was nice to just chill out with some of the coolest people I've met in a long LONG time. ;)

Anyway, tomorrow is my last day and it'll be spent running around, closing bank accounts, getting paid (oh please pray that it happens the way that it should!), moving my luggage to my ever gracious friends' Jamie and Jennica's house for storage, and then making sure that I'm all set to go on Tuesday early morning to catch my first flight to Japan. I'm excited to see all Kyoto has to offer and I think that it's going to be a lot of fun. I'm also super stoked because I got a reservation at this guesthouse in Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand called Julie Guesthouse which seems like a pretty awesome place to stay. They confirmed it yesterday, so that was some good news.

So, I guess this will be my last post from Korea. I will try to keep posting along the way and hopefully with pictures too, but we'll see. Keep the emails coming and pray for me when you remember cause I'm on my own for the first month before I meet up with Matt on March 30th in Singapore.

For those at home, I hope to hear from you, and I'll see you in April!

Love Andrea Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home