Friday, September 05, 2008

New Adventures

I can't believe I'm actually doing this again! I'm headed to Korea on Saturday at 11:05am...this is nuts! The strange thing is, that the first time that I headed out overseas I took only a 90L backpack with a couple of shirts and one pair of pants. No joke. I did, however, fill the 90L backpack as full as possible to the point that I couldn't stand up...actually I turtled with the backpack on. I believe it was Kiki who was there at the time, not to help, but to laugh at me as I layed there unable to move.

This time is a totally different story. Since I know what I need and don't need, what I can get in Korea and what I can't, I am seeming to pack 50 times more stuff than I did during round 1. Still I keep feeling like I am forgetting something.

I had dreams during the past few weeks that I was scheduled for a flight and no matter what I did I couldn't pack my stuff or get everything together fast enough in order to make the flight on time...so I bumped it back again and again, but nothing seemed to work.

So now that I'm sitting here, all packed and ready to go, I'm thinking that the nightmare isn't going to become a reality. I'm just really glad that we were able to get our visas together and our tickets booked....FINALLY. We had quite a few setbacks first with our school, a new branch of the established Avalon Academy, failing it's fire code inspection, leaving them unable to apply for teacher's visas at Korean Immigration...and then with the Korean Consulate in Vancouver telling us that we needed 3 university transcripts, not 2 like is listed on ALL of the websites regarding immigration for only John, not me to process our visas in Vancouver. We have since talked with other teachers going through the visa process and even though the consulate wont admit their mistake, we know that they're just idiots. Man I could choke that woman through the phone!

Anyway the point is, we're leaving. Tomorrow. At 11:05. Holy.

Please keep in touch! Hearing from home is always nice! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Graham said...

We'll miss you guys! Get a phone we can text you on so we can stay in touch.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

I miss you already. I hope you had a smooth flight and are getting settled in ok. Love you

1:08 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Dude! How is everything??? Enjoy it, and hope you are enjoying how much Uniqlo has improved since you were last in Korea. Check out the huge 4-floor store in Myeongdong (close to the line 4 station).

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home