Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Kyoto

Kyoto is awesome, slightly different than I expected, but in a good way.

I arrived last night via the airport limosine bus and wandered around a little bit before I found my hostel, but it worked out well and my place is great.

I visited Gion today, and for those who have seen Memoirs of a Geisha, it's not quite how I pictured it, but beautiful nonetheless. It poured rain all day and I got soaked, but I didn't care...I'm in flippin Japan. Although I'm kind of regretting not bringing warmer (and dryer) clothes at this point. But, I'm sure that I won't be come time to go to Thailand, that's for sure. If the rain lets up, it won't be so bad.

Tomorrow I"m heading to the "Path of Philosophy" which is supposed to be a pretty cool walk. I swear with what I"ve seen already, I haven't been in a place this chill, relaxed and calm in a LONG time. Imagine, being thrilled by the sight of green: trees, moss, grass...no one pushing me around!! It's great.

Anyway, I have another 5 or 6 days here and they're sure to be enjoyed. It's not backbreakingly expensive like everyone told me. Probably comparitable with home.

I'll post pictures when the internet isn't so expensive! ;).

Love Andrea

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

canada is very different. the guy at 711 didnt pass me my change with two hands. he was kinda rude too. i miss korea. Lobot

3:58 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Glad to hear you're soaking it all up (literally and figuratively). Sounds so sweet. I am soooo jealous.

So people don't push there, huh? How about horking up the big loogs? Today I walked into my elevator and there were three huge piles of loogies on the floor...eeewww...

Missing you in Korea...

7:48 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

No loogs...no pushing. It's Korea...but so much...less stressful. Also, no rude stares. No random "HELLO!" from kids you don't know. It's quite nice actually, Japanese people tend to be a little more reserved. I appreciate that a lot ;).

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home