Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So I have this friend....

I have this "friend" of mine here in Korea and she just called me with this story. She got this spoof email, which looked entirely real, from eBay saying that someone was making fraudlent bids with her account and that they were undergoing an investigation. In order to repair the problem, she just had to give them some information, including her Visa number and pin. Now, this "friend", she doesn't normally make ill informed decisions, but she said that it was pretty late when she filled out this form and the moment she hit send, she realized her mistake. I couldn't believe it when she told me. I mean, who does that? Anyway, she called the Visa card company right away to cancel her Visa, so that no one would be able to use her card, which leaves here all the way over here in Korea, while the new card will be mailed back to her house in Canada. Heartbreaking.

Anyway, my message is for all reading this. If you get emails that look like they're from eBay about you're account activity and they request Visa info, don't fall for it like my "friend" here. Be smart and keep your Visa information to yourself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah-Aubrey said...

Did your "friend" happen to mention that she DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ACTIVE EBAY ACCOUNT TO BEGIN WITH?

Because THAT would be a real kicker.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Hey! you have a fantastic blog here! i also run a fantastic blog about fast-action footpowder and llamas. check it out some time!

sorry to hear about your "friend." she should check out my "friend's" blog on online dating sites, ebay and mustard! it might help her in the future!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home