Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Chiang Mai

I'm in Chiang Mai safe and sound.

After a long and not so restful night spent on benches at the Bangkok International Airport and a quick flight up to Northern Thailand, I am here. Finally.

I checked into my hostel no problem after taking a short tuk tuk ride from the airport. As soon as I got into my room I basically fell into my bed and slept for an hour. When I woke up I booked a jungle trek that will take place over the next three days. I'll get to walk through the jungle, ride an elephant and take a bamboo raft ride down the river. The nights are spent at hill tribe villages just hanging out and spending the night. It sounds pretty cool and I'm excited to do it.

So, a strange thing happened to me in the airport. I saw the MOST white people in one place that I've seen in the past year of my life. I am not kidding you, groups of white people are kinda scary. I'm not too sure how I'm supposed to behave...hah. It's a little weird, but there are a ton of backpackers in Thailand (naturally), so it'll take some getting used to.

So, I'm safe and ok and SUPER greatful to get emails from those of you who have been sending them to me. It's nice to hear from home once in a while!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie and Jennica said...

Hey Andrea--You're lucky you're in Chiang Mai-such a beautiful place. have you been to the night market yet? If you want to buy a lot of good cheap (small) things, it's definately the place to go. Love to see those pictures of your trek sometime soon. Have fun!!!! Miss you.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home