Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mortal Combat

Well, I have four months left in this country. It's great. I'm excited because my contract is coming to a close, not because I want to leave, but because I'm on the cusp of completing something that actually took some comittment. It'll be bitter sweet to leave. I've made some great friendships here and met a lot of cool people and leaving kind of represents the end of all of that. However it also represents moving on to bigger and better things. More traveling perhaps? More school? I haven't quite decided yet.

I know that for many at home there are a lot of things changing, particularly back at the church. All I have to say is don't be sucked in by the drama. Keep your head and make sure that what you're thinking is of God. See what is happening as a blessing in disguise, because honestly I believe it is. Don't be deceived by the gossip, drama, and change that can often consume us.
Stand on solid ground and ask Him where to go from here.

On a lighter note, I was able to initiate some Mortal Combat at my place of work...


I decided that on my way out of the building that I would ask Mr. Lee and Stickman to "Taekwondo Fight". Since all men here know it, I figured it would be fun to pin one against the other. They were a little hesitant at first, but it worked out great, right there in the lobby to our Academy. They're both pretty funny guys. Look at these tough guys. Would you really want to mess with them? Too bad they're two of the nicest guys I work with!
This picture proves that all guys are still children, regardless of their age. Actually Mr. Lee on the far left actually looks like he could seriously work someone. I'm sure he's got some serious skills.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

After this incident, I should add, that the next day another teacher, Joey, was convinced by Rob to attempt to jump kick the ceiling. Yes, it was attempted, and almost a success. He was within inches of kicking the freaking ceiling!!
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that.

Man, we work a lot, but we still find ways to make it fun eh?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Kiki said...

i like the use of the term "cusp." insert often

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home