Friday, November 11, 2005

Happy Pepero Day!


Now, I know that most of you in Canada have been taking your "moments of silence" for Rememberence Day, while we here in Korea have just celebrated another holiday that you might not even be aware exists. Pepero Day (heard of Pocky? Those chocolate covered cookie sticks? --same same). Anyway, the Pepero company initiated a "holiday" where you give other people Pepero. Now, if that's not an ingenius sales approach I don't know what is. Anyway, I gave some to my kids, but the number of chocolate cookie sticks that I got was ridiculous. I can NEVER eat this much Pepero if I tried. They also come in different shapes, sizes, and packaging. I got one Pepero that came in a purse complete with sparkley rhindstone handle, and one Pepero cake from the bakery made to look like a Pepero. It was pretty hillarious.

Anyway, I took some pictures so that you can see the crazy packaging and realize that they really do celebrate this here.



As you can see Pepero comes in different shapes sizes and coloured packaging!
Really, it's like reverse trick or treating. Kids give me candy and I don't even have to ask!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun holiday! When you come back can we celebrate that day? Looks like fun!

8:30 PM  
Blogger andrew said...

i want candy too!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home