Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Schaaf and the Brats



Well I'm tired. As Rob likes to say, we're in "hibernation mode."

It's quickly becoming winter here in Seoul and I think that I'm a total Sally because I really can't handle cold. Maybe I'll just never be satisfied with a temperature that's even slightly extreme. From hot, humid summers, to winters that actually get below zero. Imagine that!

Anyway, three months to go. Sadly these last months will be spent entirely in winter.

I'm a little sad though, because in the last couple of days I've realized that I've been left to fend for myself in the jungle of boys that I have to hang out with in Korea. This situation Matt likes to refer to as "Schaaf and the Brats" aka "Sausagefest and a girl"

Erin, who had two months left in her contract, went home last week due to a tragic death in her family. She's not coming back. And Sarah, my closest friend and basically the only girl I spend a significant amount of time with, is finished her contract tomorrow. How sad is that?

Don't worry, I won't spend any more time feeling sorry for myself.

Sarah and Matt came over on Sunday night and spent the night for one last hang out and we ended up having an awesome time. Except for the part when Rob decided to try and fight me, tripped me and fell with all his weight on my wrist. It's pretty blue right now actually. However, when you catch an event like that on video, it's always worth the pain.

I was really excited about taking a ton of video, so I've been going camera crazy. I even bought a 1GB memory card for my digital camera. It now takes an hour of solid video or 1300 pictures on one memory card. How stoked am I? I also decided to pick up a dvd burner while I was at it. I've been downloading seasons of Alias and I really needed somewhere to put them because my computer was getting pretty full.

All of these electronic purchases led me to realize just how blessed I really am. I mean, I have the means to buy stuff that I don't really need and I really don't deserve. Yet, I'm still able to have them. I'm not saying that I'm trying to excuse the fact that I've spent a lot of money in the past 9 months on electronics (computer, ipod, camera, burner, memory cards, ect). But I'm just really grateful that's all. I've been blessed to receive a lot of things out here, not only material stuff, but super awesome friends, a nice place to live, a steady job. It's really more than I deserve.

More than any of us deserve.

Really, it is.


This is Sarah showing us that if you want to look like you are just "shapes" without a bodyline, that all you have to do is shove a touque down your pants.

I am die. Me after Rob literally JUMPED on my wrist leaving it very BLUE.


This weekend was full of Matt and I continually making video on our cameras and then watching it ten minutes later. It's like making your own TV, then watching it instantly. Gotta love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger andrew said...

the first photo has this kinda freaky two-headed-monster feel to it, sarah's head emerging from seemingly nowhere.

i dig.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home