Thursday, February 02, 2006

~Lunar this~


So it was Lunar New Year in Korea. Blah blah blah, the weekend had nothing spectacularly or uniquely "Asian" that I gained from being here at this time of year, other than the fact that everything was closed. I compare it to Christmas in Western culture...everything's closed...except Starbucks.

Anyway, it was my first day off since I had vacation in September, so it was well deserved. I had been anticipating this holiday as marking a time that would initiate my month long exodus from this country...which it has...and I am. 26 days, and counting.

This past few weeks and weekends have been spent with the really awesome friends that I've been blessed to meet out here in Korea. This experience has been so incredible due mostly to them. I never would have expected that when I hopped on a plane almost a year ago to an unknown land, that I'd have all of these great people to hang out with, share horror/joyful stories with, and to rely on when stuff doesn't go your way.

Sound a bit sappy? Sorry, I had to. It's been my life.

Anyway, here are a few pictures that were taken recently...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah-Aubrey said...

Your pictures make me want to cry! It's like a life I once had...and can only visit pictorally now. Is 'pictorally' a word?

Hi, everyone/anyone that reads Andrea's blog and remembers me. Life on the other side is good...but you end up missing everyone terribly. Enjoy it while you have it!

I'll see you on the West coast someday!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Awwww...Great post you sissy-sap!

Although it's been fun getting to know you, I was only using you to steal your few style ideas. And if I see you in Vancouver I'm going to hide, because we'll probably be wearing the same thing.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi andrea. i realized i can post comments without signing up...yeah for that feature...i wrote you an email already...so i wont repeat it here...
dan fietje.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jamie and Jennica said...

Where did Dan F- go anyways? Andrea I'm glad that we got to chill with you guys for most of the year. Best year ever!!! I'm sooooooo jealous of your super-mega-ultimate Asian adventure tour.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home