Sunday, June 18, 2006

Onto Another Adventure



My life is always changing. For some reason I can't sit still for more than a few minutes without getting restless.

Tomorrow morning at 6:45am I will be meeting at Moose Travel Networks headquarters, getting on a bus, and being trained as a backpacker tourguide.

I found this job kind of by accident, emailed in a resume and was hired after only 2 interviews (as opposed to their usual 4 or 5). The company runs tours from Vancouver to Banff, stopping also in Shushwap Lake, Jasper, Revelstoke and Kelowna. I'll be learning what to point out and what to talk about, how to get to all of the hostels, where the fun pubs and restaurants are, AND how to get to the activities along the way like whitewater rafting, kayaking, and river boarding.

The drives are long because there are stops every hour, whether it be for a walk to a waterfall, or just a lunch break, days are very full. Basically tomorrow when I leave I'll be doing the tour as a tourist, except that I'll be learning way more as I go. They just want me to see what the tour is like so that I can get an idea of what they're looking for.

Anyway the trip is seven days long and will change to eight days in July, giving me a day off to relax in Banff before heading back toward Vancouver. The trip is backpacker style, so low budget (but way more fun), staying in hostels, and doing things cheaply. There are tons of perks that I'll get when I start driving myself like free meals, drinks, and I get to do all of the activities for no charge.

It sounds like an ideal job for me right now. Something outside and something that will keep me moving and busy for the summer until school starts in September.

I'll post pictures later on, it's been ages since I've driven through the Rockies and I'm sure that I'll be stunned at some of the beautiful things that I'll have the privelage of seeing all summer long!

You can find more information about Moose Travel Network (aka Bigfoot Tours) by clicking on the link.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home