Monday, June 12, 2006

World Cup Fever



I just finished watching the US v. Czech Republic game and I can happily say the Americans lost 3-0. The Czechs possibly played better than any team I've seen play so far. Holy garbage are they ever fast.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Americans by any means, but lets be serious this is one world tournament that they don't need to win. As one of my friends said, if the Americans won the World Cup, it would be a 30 second news clip sandwiched between basketball and baseball highlights. No one in America cares about the World Cup. I can say the same for Canada, but we don't have a team anywhere near competing, AND we have a team in the Stanley Cup finals, not that I particularly care about hockey or even pretend to.

Anyway, tomorrow is a very big day.

5:30am Pacific time Korea v. Togo
8:30am Pacific time Switzerland v. France
11:30am Pacific time BRAZIL v. Croatia.

I'm super stoked cause these are going to be some fantastic games, though I'm not stoked about getting up at 5:30am to watch. Oh well, what can you do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie and Jennica said...

We just got back from the jick off game between Togo and Korea, The score was 2 to 1 in favour for Korea!!!!!!
On another note, we saw TONS of geisha on our trip. if you want to see some wicked pics of geisha from our trip to Japan check out our blog. See you in a month and a half!!!!
On another, another note, I got an e-mai lfrom Erin Davies today and she's teaching in Korea for the next couple of months (and she was on the same flight as Lydia and Nathan from Phuket to Seoul).

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home