Monday, March 13, 2006

A Lovely Story

So, after trekking I came back to my guesthouse and was excited to be upgraded to my own room. I was all stoked about the big bed and quiet and whatever. So I went out that night for dinner and drinks with my trekking crew (really rad group) and when I came home around 2am I had some little friends in my room. FRICKING COCKROACHES! All over the bloody place. I freaked out.

Not only that but the fuse had blown so there were no lights. I had to run into my room to find my flashlight that I bought for the trek and then find the security dude who apparently had no idea what a fuse was. I walked up and down the hall for about 10 minutes. He says, "umm tomorrow...tomorrow" and I'm like, "Awesome...that's just perfect. I'm in the dark with cockroaches". So I take my flashlight, find the fuse box and flip the fuse. Seems fine, so I go into my room, brave the cockroaches (there's no switching rooms cause it's almost 3am at this point). Get into bed and leave the bathroom light on cause I was seriously too scared to be in the dark with those big ugly bugs everywhere. I fall asleep and then about 20 minutes later I wake up, it's dark...the fan is off and I have no power again. So now I'm getting kinda angry. I go flip the fuse again and it goes off right away...I try one more time and it seemed to be fine...and was until morning.

Anyway, I didn't even switch rooms the next day because I was hoping that it was a one time deal and they woudln't come back. WRONG. The next night, same same. Friggin cockroaches. I was not happy. I went to the desk this morning and told them and they thought I was joking.

Clearly I was not.

I wasn't angry when I told them at all. More like BEGGING for a new room. Luckily my friend is coming tonight, so they've put us in a triple together. Which is nice, more space but a smaller bed, which I don't really mind anyway.

I just hope that I don't have any unexpected "guests" tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

maybe they just wanna be friends...?

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home