Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back to Kuta

Well, I'm back at Kuta Beach, a place that I was about a week ago, but this time sans Matt Davis.

Matt decided to check out a little town called Ubud a little bit north of here, while I decided to take another crack at surfing. I had visited Ubud a few years back when I was in Bali the first time and wasn't particularly interested in seeing it a second time, although I remember it being a cool place. The beach is just too much of a draw for me.

Anyway, went surfing again this morning for a few hours. I did alright today and even started to get the hang of turning my board on the wave so that I could ride it for longer. The ocean definitely kicked my ass though and after a severe pummeling I had to pack it in for the day. My entire body feels exhausted to the point that I feel like I couldn't lift so much as a pencil, or even a drink to my mouth...yikes! I'll sleep well tonight though, that's for sure. Despite the burn on the back of my calves, I'm pretty proud of myself for not scorching my back. I've still gotta invest in a rash shirt, but I just can't shell out that much dough right now.

I had the same surf instructor as last time. I actually met him on the street when I arrived in Kuta and hooked up a deal that way, not even through a company this time, so that was pretty sweet. I think that he was sometimes surprised at the weakness of my arms and my inability to paddle as fast as he could...but seriously, the guy surfs every day...arms of steel? I don't know, but I surely don't have them. My arms are die.

So, Matt and I have decided to reconvene at the Denpassar airport in Bali to catch our flight together to Singapore. Actually, the closer this trip comes to an end, the more I wish that it wasn't. I was more excited about a week or two ago to head back, but I can't say the same now so much. I think I could stay in Bali forever, it's frigging wonderful. And to think that Matt and I almost didn't come here! For the love.

Hope all is well. See you in a few days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

come home-uh!

4:48 PM  
Blogger TK said...

So are you going to move to Tofino when ya get back and be a BC surfer??

8:25 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Yes please!

But the ocean is much too cold! I'd prefer the tropics!!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home