Saturday, March 25, 2006

Koh Lanta...and PICTURES!


I'm here on Koh Lanta and have been for the past couple of days. This place is beautiful. I have the greatest guesthouse. It's called The Sanctuary and it's super chill and right on the beach. I was only going to spend 2 nights here originally, but I think I'll stay a little longer, just cause I like it so much. I have to be in Phuket in a day or two from now though because my flight is leaving from the Phuket airport on March 30 to head to Singapore. I'm still really looking forward to that. The beach I have right outside my doorstep.
This is my outdoor jungle bathroom. It's actually attached to my bungalow. The shower is outside as well and basically consists of a hose coming over the wall with a piece of bamboo attached to the end. It's pretty cool.
This is the beach in Ao Nang where I was last. It rained quite a bit there, but that made for some gorgeous sunsets. There were so many long tail boats there it was almost hard to relax with them yelling "Railey! Railey!" evertime you passed by. Translation: "Excuse me miss, would you care to venture toward Railey beach this afternoon?".I went on a kayaking trip in Ao Nang and we checked out quite a few caves along the way. This was one of them.

This is the classic picture that every tourist takes when you're on Koh Phi Phi Ley. It was a gorgeous beach, though we only spent about an hour there, as it was part of our snorkling trip on Phi Phi Island.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

Jerk. Could you take any more pictures of beautiful beaches...? Some of us have to spend all of our time in a concrete jungle with all kinds of dirty, bratty, animals (AKA children)...

Glad to see you're 'having a good time...having a good time...having a good time.' Hope the burns are better (sun, not side).

1:31 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

beach geousayo

7:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah-Aubrey said...

Heh heh. Remember how scorched I got when I was in Thailand? Good memories, good memories.

I HEART YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH IT CAUSES ME PAIN. Seriously. I had a flashback of you, Matt and Lobert this morning and almost started crying. You guys are the awesomest.

Have fun, but not too much fun that you never return to the country of our birth...parce que I want to see you soon.

Email soon to come.
xo

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home