Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Beach

Welcome to Koh Phi Phi (Pee Pee Islands) Thailand!

I arrived in Phi Phi on a 2 hour ferry from Phuket. I was glad to leave Phuket. Although I had heard stories about how it's not the best place to be and stuff, I really had hopes that it would be something else. So basically I just went there and stayed one night so that I could catch the ferry the next day.

Anyway, I arrived and was accosted by people trying to get me to stay at their guesthouse. I went to this one that was mediocre and then changed this morning to something better and cheaper. Which is the best way to go anyway. So I'm paying about $9 Canadian per night to stay in paradise, which isn't all that bad, although in Chiang Mai I was paying about $1.50 per night for essentially the same thing.

So, today I woke up, changed guesthouses and then hopped aboard a longtail boat with about 15 Dutch girls (and Mi Kyung the solo Korean everywhere we go) and went snorkling for about three and a half hours. We snorkled around Phi Phi Ley which is where the movie The Beach was filmed with Leonardo DiCaprio and they really don't let you forget that here even though the movie was filmed about 8-10 years ago, or something like that.

I'm here on Phi Phi for a few more days and then I'm going to visit some other places around Krabi Province, possibly Ao Nang or Krabi town and then once Mi Kyung leaves on the 25th, I'll likely head to Ko Lanta for a couple of days before returning to Phuket and meeting with Matt.

All in all I'm one very happy Canadian, aside from my massive sunburns attained from today's snorkling.

I'll post pictures soon....wait, don't I always say that? Well, I'll try harder this time.

Andrea

4 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

Is it pronounced Fi Fi or Fee Fee? Pi Pi? PEE PEE???

2:27 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Oh wait, its in the title... ne'er mind. but still funny. jealous of you and your adventures, not of sunburn

2:28 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Having been there.........

I'm envious!!!!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snorkling has got to be the best thing to do , wish I were there. Granny

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home