Monday, April 24, 2006

To Seoul!

It's 5:30am. Yikes.

I'm at the airport now in Singapore waiting for the last of the flights that I booked and paid for on this trip. I can't believe it's over!

Matt and I flew into Singapore one day ago and spent yesterday just chillin in this place and eating some good food. We got stuck in a pretty intense rainstorm yesterday after many hours of killer heat. It reminded us both of last summer in Korea and those disgusting monsoon rains. We were both drenched, but still showed up to the famous Raffels Hotel Long Bar for a Singapore Sling just the same. Pretty sure we looked like drowned rats, but who cares, it was our last day of hanging out together so we had to make it worth our while.

After our Slings, we grabbed some Sushi at a cool lookin Sushi Bar near Raffels. It was nice and very chill. I started this trip with Japanese food and managed to finish it that way, which is pretty perfect.

I realized yesterday that after living in the same grubby clothes for the last two months that I didn't even own any pants at this point and that Korea was going to be considerably colder than the tropical countries that I've been hanging out in for the last little bit, so I picked up some pants and a long sleeve shirt. I just hope that its not as cold as I think it's going to be. Considering the temperature for me everyday has been about 30C, I'll probably feel the change anyway.

Well, it's early and I'm off to track down a Starbucks Coffee somewhere in this massive airport. That and I have to try and blow the rest of my Singapore dollars on random duty free products.

I'm stoked to be heading in the right direction!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

We will be waiting for you with some homemade Korean food. It's still cold here at night, but the days are getting warmer. I am sure our love for you will keep you warm though...(insert creepy laugh here).

Oh yeah, we have decided that once you arrive in Korea, you won't be leaving. We miss you. So, after we suck you in with our warm Korean food, you will be trapped...(insert second, creepier laugh here).

Dang...I revealed the plan...stupid, stupid, stupid...

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES
YES HELLO
YES
YES YES
DBD?

LOOKING...LOOKING...DBD!!!!

WHERRRRRRREU PROM?

PLAIT YOUR HAIR?

MAAAAAASAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEE?????

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

come and look at our squeanuts.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Matt, know how I know you're gay?

Anonymous posts!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home